8/19/09

Stunning Dahlias!



I only wish these beautiful dahlia's were from my yard!

These photos were taken by my friend, Liz, who loves photography (and writing). I asked Liz to share her favorites with me for this post.  So lovely!



I mean, they are stunning! Wouldn't these dahlia's add to a table setting for a backyard dinner party?

I love simple. I love a single flower or two in the middle of my table! It's a perfect touch.



You may be interested in checking out Liz Curtis Higgs' newsletter, O Gentle Reader, where you'll find tidbits from her upcoming novel, and you'll be able to view some of her photography from her latest New Zealand speaking trip.

If you want to read about my oilcloth tablecloth, here, head over to Kimba's where I was her guest earlier this week! I'm on my way to Chicago this morning for a short trip with some awesome ladies (thank you, Kraft!) - but more on that later!

16 comments:

ellen b. said...

Beautiful photos of some pretty flowers! Have fun in Chicago!!

Kathy C. said...

Lovely! :)

Inksstillwet said...

These are beautiful photographs! I heard Ms. Higgs speak at a conference in Branson. She's an amazing woman! Have a great time in Chicago-one of my favorite places to visit!

Nicol said...

Beautiful flowers! They certainly do make a difference to any table setting.

On a side note, I found your blog this week and really have enjoyed going through the archives. But had a few questions for you. I am a budding hostess. I have a desire to have people over and entertain, but want things to be just so. I know that is not realistic so it's nice to see someone else who does it. Questions, I would love it if you took us (your readers) on a tour of your backyard. I am designing (on a budget) a backyard and to entertain to a huge focus for me. I would love to see how you have everything set up. Also, where do you store all your dishes. I would love to have more then one set but have no idea where to store them. Thanks!

Fiona said...

Those are beautiful flowers! I also loved looking at Liz Curtis Higgs' photos of NZ....made me a little homesick though! I should have thought about that first!!! LOL!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Just lovely! I have just started growing dahlias the past couple of years. They have turned into one of my favorite flowers!

Amy said...

I love Liz Curtis Higgs. Thanks for the link!

Gina said...

Those are amazing! I love the color-thanks for sharing and hope you have a great trip!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

No. 1 - How do you grow these stunning dahlias?

No. 2 - Where in these stunning dahlias are all the ants etc that are constantly in my dahlias?

Beautiful!

Laryssa Herbert said...

So pretty, please tell your friend thanks for sharing!

Hudson Goods said...

like that water dispenser. And really liked your tag line, similar to mine, homes are meant for living!

Donnetta said...

Beautiful flowers! WOW!

I wasn't aware Liz was putting out a new book. I'll have to be watching for it.

Have a fun trip to Chicago! "Kraft" huh? Eager to hear more...

southerninspiration said...

I am so sorry that it is too hot to grow dahlias here...they ARE stunning. I love their colors, shapes, etc. thanks for sharing!!!

Suzanne

Together We Save said...

Such beautiful flowers. WOW. I wish I had these in my garden too.

a woman who is said...

The dahlias are stunning...I want some :] I would love to know the names? I will check out your friends blog.

Kirstin said...

dahlias are my favorite flower...well one of them. I took several pictures last year that I just love, I think I posted many of them.