After reminding myself of the $600 I made from our yard sale last year, I was inspired to ask the kids to clean through their rooms again, and to start cleaning through my kitchen and entertaining items.
I even got my husband inspired to clean his work bench, as we sat together in the garage last week (gimpy foot and all, I wasn't any help!), and we ate a gourmet meal - a Costco frozen pizza!
My friends and I had already scheduled a date the first week in June, as we all were ready to go, but we had to cancel.
So my stash sits in the garage! And soon my treasures will become someone else's!
Most of the entertaining items I am getting rid of were purchased at yard sales, so it's not always easy for me to let go of something that I paid so little for. But our styles do change throughout the years, so this time I stuck with my own personal guideline:
What's my Style?
1. I'm more of a "silver" girl now. (Top candle sticks - getting rid of. Silver - I'm keeping.)
2. Baskets are a girl's best friend - but you can have too many and I didn't like the style of these anymore.
3. Mugs are hip and fun to serve coffee, after a nice dessert, but I'm just out of the coffee-serving-routine these days.
4. Boxes of plastic stemware have been replaced by my Dollar Store goblets. A little more sturdy and classier, in my opinion.
5. Wreaths can start looking worn and dingy - time to let them go.
It feels SO good to recycle my treasures.
Cleaning, thinning out, and reorganizing, while asking myself, What's my Style?, helped me decide what to keep and what to get rid of.
Do you keep in mind your "style" when you purge or reorganize?
Or I'd love to hear your method of getting ready for a sale?
Now head on over to Rhoda's Yard Sale party and see her thrifty finds for the week!